Apps & Extensions
Market CSGO is a marketplace for Steam items, particularly for CS:GO skins and items. The platform was founded about 6 years ago, on March 2nd, 2017. Market CSGO is currently operated by Theodotos Kapsis, with headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia. The Market CSGO marketplace and company have been vetted by CSGOSKINS.GG and deemed trustworthy by all our standards.
Market CSGO is rated 4.9 out of 5 with over 1.7K reviews on Trustpilot. The Market CSGO platform received approximately 2.6M visits during the last month. There are currently 16.7K different items available on the marketplace, with a total of 433.4K listed offers. Additionally, the combined value of all CS:GO skins that are currently available on the Market CSGO market amounts to $4.8M.
Market CSGO is a P2P (peer-to-peer) marketplace. That means when an item is sold on Market CSGO, it is traded directly from the seller’s Steam inventory to the buyer’s Steam inventory. This has the advantage that sellers can list their items on multiple marketplaces at the same time, since they don’t need to deposit the skins to a single marketplace. The downside is that when an item is sold, the seller must manually approve the trade which causes a delay for the buyer. P2P marketplaces have some benefits for sellers but the buyer experience is not as smooth.
In June 2022, a CS:GO account worth $2 million was hacked and $242,000 worth of stolen skins were sold on Market CSGO. These trades were later reverted by Valve, leaving the buyers of the skins with a huge loss. In response, Market CSGO reimbursed those buyers out of their own pocket.
While Market CSGO is still trailing behind some third-party CS:GO marketplaces like BUFF163 or CS.MONEY in terms of global popularity, it is still one of the most popular marketplaces in several countries like Russia and Ukraine. In fact, 95% of all users accessing Market CSGO are from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Belarus.
However, due to the convenient P2P trading system that Market CSGO uses, and the variety of skins that it offers to its users, the website is slowly gaining popularity among CS:GO players throughout the globe.
Market CSGO has a fixed transaction fee of 5% per item sale made on the platform. This fee is quite high when compared to some other third-party marketplaces, but is still significantly lower than that of the Steam Community Market, which charges users a whopping 15% transaction fee when selling CS:GO items.
How It Works
The method of buying and selling items on Market CSGO is swift and hassle-free. It only takes a few minutes for a user to purchase skins using real money or cash their inventory out through the platform. However, newer users may find the UI of Market CSGO to be far from ideal. There is no clear English guide available on purchasing or selling items in the marketplace which may discourage newbies from using Market CSGO. The only available guide on how Market CSGO operates is written in Russian, and has to be manually translated to English by users themselves.
To get started with buying or selling skins on Market CSGO, users have to sign in with their Steam account first. This can be done by clicking the "Sign In" button located at the top-right of the website. Once done, users get the freedom to purchase or sell skins on the website using real money.
To buy a skin, users have to top up their wallet on the website first. To top up your Market CSGO wallet, go to the "Deposit" tab towards the top-right and select your preferred payment method. Market CSGO allows a lot of payment methods including several localized options throughout the world, which gives it an edge over its competitors. Withdrawing options, on the other hand, are much more limited.
Once an item has been sold on the marketplace, users can choose from a select few cash-out options while trying to withdraw their wallet balance. These options vary between countries across the world.
Other projects by Market CSGO include separate marketplaces that the website has developed for other popular Steam games. These include marketplaces for DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2, Rust, and other Steam items. Each of these websites is decently popular and works in a similar way to Market CSGO, giving users the freedom to purchase items directly through real money or cash out their respective inventories in exchange for real money.
There are a bunch of key advantages that you can enjoy when buying or selling items on Market CSGO:
- Lower transaction fees than the Steam Community Market.
- Items are generally priced much lower than on the Steam market.
- Being a large P2P marketplace, Market CSGO has a plethora of items available for purchase at any point in time.
- While high-tier items like the Medusa or the Dragon Lore are often seen to be out of stock on the Steam Community Market, they can be easily found on Market CSGO.
- Due to the increasing popularity of Market CSGO, item sales are swift and popular items can be sold extremely quickly.
- Lots of payment options for users looking to deposit money to the website.
- Has separate marketplaces for other games like DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2, Rust, and other Steam items.
Here are some of the disadvantages that users may face while using the Market CSGO platform:
- Higher transaction fees than some other third-party marketplaces like BUFF163.
- UI is not intuitive. Newer users may find it hard to learn the ropes of buying and selling skins on the marketplace. There is no clear English guide available on the website either.
- Lack of additional features like instant selling, auctioning, or smart buy orders (users can still place standard buy orders on items).
- Noticeable lack of payment options while attempting to withdraw funds from the wallet.
- Lack of an "Inspect Skin" feature on the website. Users can only inspect skins after launching CS:GO.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of questions that are frequently asked about Market CSGO.
Is Market CSGO legit?
Yes, Market CSGO is legit! There are several factors which let us confidently say that Market CSGO is a trustworthy platform:
- Market CSGO has been successfully operating since March 2nd, 2017
- The combined value of items which are currently listed on Market CSGO amounts to $4.8M
- The market is operated by Crystal Future OÜ, which is a registered company in Tallinn, Estonia
- The company has over 1.7K reviews on Trustpilot and is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars
Where is Market CSGO located?
Market CSGO has its headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia.
Who owns Market CSGO?
Market CSGO is owned by the company Crystal Future OÜ, which is operated by Theodotos Kapsis.
What’s the seller fee on Market CSGO?
The fee for selling items on Market CSGO is 5.00%.
What are alternatives to Market CSGO?
There are several CS:GO marketplaces which are a viable alternative to Market CSGO, including:
How old is Market CSGO?
Market CSGO was founded 6 years ago, on March 2nd, 2017.
Which payment methods are available on Market CSGO?
When buying items on Market CSGO, you can use any of the following payment methods:
Which payout methods are available on Market CSGO?
When cashing out balance from Market CSGO, the following payout options are available: